What makes the world go ‘round? Physicists are the key.
Perspectives de carrière
Physicists are employed in a broad range of industries with major opportunities for cutting-edge careers in research, education, technology and industry:
- Research: fundamental and applied, including product development
- Healthcare: medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, veterinary medicine, and others
- Software development: data science, machine learning, and others
- Teaching: at all levels of education
- Consulting: technology, business and others
- Many non-traditional careers: management, sales and marketing, finance and law, others.
Studying Physics at Laurentian is an enormous privilege! What sold the program to me was that most of the faculty are actively researching at SNO+ lab, we have very exciting labs and after the first year our class sizes become incredibly small. Plus, doing activities with the Phi club like Physics movie nights or board game nights and the potential plans to build either a trebuchet or a cloud chamber as a group project is very enjoyable. I would recommend this program to anyone who wants to challenge themselves in the understanding of how things work.
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvellous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day.”
— Albert Einstein